a

Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Windflower Cottage"

Well, I was finally able to post a few more pics of the bird house. Again I ran late; you'll have to excuse me for that! I looked forward to the bling the past few weeks but once again I had tests to run at the hospital, rushed home to make supper and when the dishes were done I went to get on the computer and my daughter was scanning her art. Of course that didn't go without a glitch for I have managed to jam pack the electronic storage cabinet with so many pics that there wasn't anymore more space left this evening and took my daughter most of the night to scan her work. So, when I got on I decided to discard everything except my music and kept a few pics. Now I am finally able to work here.

The conception of the storybook bird house is not my idea but that of Danny Seo. I just elaborated and selected to use an extra copy of the “Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady”; my very fav Naturalist’s Journal. I actually used the original book pages for the decoupage; I still do have two more editions by the way. I also made sure to include some of the poetry she quotes in her book which so happens to be my fav as well. I used an old gold filigree handle that belonged to an antique tray of mine. The porch railing is a really old brass drawer pull and the book is one of two I have entitled “The Book of Golden Deeds” by Young….very old and gilded. On top of the book I have used Victorian brass decorative frame brackets on the four corners and of course for-get-me-not adorn the cottage to compliment the underside of the roof which has blue- for- get- me –not as well{ the inside of the book cover}.And so here it is.

My next birdie retreat will be in red since I have a very old German gilded book for a roof cover. And then there is the blue and brown church I never got to complete. I hope there is going to be some more blings. As you can see I still have difficulty making a link work….hehe. Well, thanks again Karla and Beth for the special event. I will be checking in on all the other participants tomorrow and viewing all the fab realestate!








10 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love all that you share my beautiful friend.
Home Tweet Home

Love you
I love the song playing~

Annabelle said...

Thanks Jeanne. I have been trying to make a play list of my songs for blogger but I am having trouble so for now I have just this one playing. Glad you like it.

Mrs Pretzel said...

Your house is amazing!! I love it!!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

What a totally awesome house! So over the top and so what I love!

Carla said...

Thanks for stopping by my brand new blog and what a treat it is to drop in on your birdhouse. I love that book cover as a roof. The pattern on it is so pretty and the brass corners are a great accent. I admire your very creative use of materials.

bluemuf said...

These extra pictures of your beautiful birdhouse are amazing. I also enjoyed all the details about the making of the house.

Karen

cherished*vintage said...

Your birdhouse is beautiful! The brass drawer pull railing is the best! Wonderful paper from the book. Thanks for your visit, I'm glad I found you.
-Karoline

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

I saved the best bird house to view for last... I love it. I want it LOL! Beautiful blog and beautiful soothing music too. A woman who loves poetry, I will visit often.

Linda said...

What a wonderfully cute little birdhouse, love it.
Cheers Linda

LiLi M. said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your birdhouse, it has such an antique touch and I also love the touch of literature.
It's nice to meet you! Have a nice Sunday!

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.