a

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jack Frost and the Faeries

" Deep within the winter forest among the snowdrift wide
You can find a magic place where all the fairies hide" 
~ Author unknown.....



Jack Frost and the Faeries ~ 

         Doesn't this snowman remind you of a very familiar snowy fellow from the movie" Jack Frost"? When I saw him in the shop he was among many others but each one of them had quite a different look to them. For me, he totally brought back Jack Frost!!! This was a gift I made for my dad for Christmas. 

Gifting is dangerous for me because I find I end up getting two of everything : )  But this gift  I most definitely want to replicate for my home so I'll keep my eyes open for another glass terrarium in this very same shape , kind of reminds me of the brown stone home you see in "A Christmas Carol”. Hopefully in time I'll come across one: ) Ooh , and I also forgot to buy some of those battery operated beautiful starry lights, imagine how magical! Need two packs please ; )








"Are those the magic fairy wands glistening on the tree
or only winter icicles that I see?" 
~ author unknown



No, I think they are tiny little dresses belonging to the faeries that you see
 Twinkling on the starry tree.




Ballerina Daisy Fairy Tutu








Wool felt, vintage fabric daisies, tiniest of star sequins and German silver glitter





Ballerina Rose Fairy Tutu






Wool felt, silk rose, tiniest of star sequins and German silver glitter



Degas Ballerina Fairy Tutu with Crown







Tea dyed cotton lace, coffee filters, vintage bias tape also tea dyed, vintage fabric daisy, cotton thread


A little while back before Christmas, I decided I wanted to try sewing a few tiny Fairy dresses I had seen online. There are many YouTube videos and blogs that give tutorials; just Google miniature fairy dresses and you'll get quite a selection to choose from.
 I made my own design and didn't bother with the templates for the dresses since all of these were done by molding felt and shaping the lace by hand and later stiffing it with glue. I did however use a Barbi doll for a bodice form for the tiny Witch dress. I didn't post it here because the picture didn't turn out, the black is hard to photograph at night. I will post it later , hopefully with a better image.

If you would like to try making your own I have left you links to 2 very good tutorial sites and one beautiful Inspirational site on Etsy


Angela Holt 


~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io1cR5OR2vA

Kellie Reynolds 

~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMFnZNv1co


Sue Griffiths ~ Messie Jessie on Etsy






The wall is silence, the grass is sleep,
Tall trees of peace their vigil keep,
And the Fairy of Dreams with moth-wings furled
Plays soft on her flute to the drowsy world.
~ Ida Rentoul Outhwaite

Until next time,
Annabelle




No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.