a

Friday, October 20, 2006

Waiting on a Friend


Waiting on a Friend


I'm afraid that I always think with my heart first... that can be bad at times but I don't think I would change too much of how I have led my life. We all make mistakes and I rather am a compassionate person than an unfeeling person. Too bad for the ones who think I’m stupid for they have no heart. I won’t call myself brave {I’m such a scary cat} but rather a caring sentimentalist at heart who never forgets a souvenir of kindness.

Gina sent me a letter of friendship a long, long time ago when we were in grade ten, well over thirty years ago which callously I forgot and hating to write never returned my same sentiments to her as she had done to me. All I wanted more than anything was to thank her back for her kindness and friendship.

I didn’t act instantaneously but gave a lot of thought to my impending actions. Would she remember me; after all we were friends for such a short time…only one year? What would we talk about, we were only kids? Well the little bravery that I had dug up to call was lost on Tuesday when Gina never called back. All sorts of silly thoughts danced through my head. I tried to call her a few more times but there was no answer. On the last shot I let it ring until the answering machine went on….nothing…probably turned it off from the crazy person that had called? Why call a stranger long distance that you can’t even put a print to their image? “I was just trying to make some sense”.

I had no more moments to search my thoughts or Gina. My time travel had come to a stop; I had to travel on the real road to soccer. My son had a game at seven that evening and so we left with him driving in the pouring rain and me wondering why?

We arrived at our destination safely {he’s just a beginner driver} when the cell rang; it was my daughter Emma. Hi mom, “A girl called for you and said her name was Gina. She wants you to call her back and left you her number. ”I was completely taken off guard. I never expected it. I guess while driving in the darkness of the night in the pouring rain my mind subconsciously was more on Ty’s driving…lol. Another call; new friends had gotten lost.


The game began and my friend asked; “did Gina call? I replied; “yes she left her number.” I’ll call her tonight.
In through the gym doors Yvon and Carlos walked in. They had made it .The team was now complete; their missing player had shown up. After the game I drove home and wondered is it too late to call?

To be continued….


Annabelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will call, won't you?

Anonymous said...

It's never too late...you waited 30 years..please tell us you called..?

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.