a

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Love in the Ice Palace {Love Talks to winter}


Love in the Ice Palace, originally uploaded by Annabelle13.


Do you know that I’m still here?
But of course!
Sheathed within your icy glass
Lovers kisses… frozen red

In time forgotten
A fortress white
High upon a mountain cliff
Lost deep in winter’s wood
…..Love waits patiently in silence

Centuries have past and centuries will come
I have never left... I will never leave
For this is where I will always be
Even when I sleep
In these wintry chambers frozen numb

My heart is still written on the wood and
Hangs suspended by a thread unseen
From the glassy branches of a tree
In all its brilliance and its gleam

A while ago was warm and green
The gentle brush of wind
Carried flower perfumes in the air
And love flourished
In the sparkling flowing streams

Melodic calls of birds in flight
High above the clear blue skies
A touch… a glance
A soft and warm embrace
A gentle touch of summer rain
The taste of red sweet cherry wine
On lover’s lips

But then… your frozen chill swept in
And turned earth into stone
Your icy hand snapped the forest wood
And cloaked it in your cold white winter veil
In fairylike crystal splendor true
A white turned blue

The waterfall stood still
The chirpings of the wren did cease
And as I looked into my sweet hearts breasts
I saw…..So purple a red to me

But
Love did not ever leave
It only seemed
For in the half serrated sky of blue, grey and cream
Love lies tenderly asleep.

And when you…dead of winter fades
Look deep into the embers of the hearth
Heart and heaven now are one
Winters frosty spell has now been broken

Love has waken to the calls of hungry lark
Busy building their darlings nest
Under a luminous sun
Bathed in an aqua sky
.....Spring has come

~Annabelle~

12 comments:

Laurie said...

This photo collage is so pretty, as much as I dislike winter, there is still beauty to be found. Lovely poem too.
By the way, I enjoyed reading about your "weird things about me."

Sheila said...

You have a talent for putting these together Annabelle. It is beautiful and so is your poem..xx

Annabelle said...

Poem isn't finished yet. Just thought about it last night.
And by the way I have a lot more weird things about me but I'll keep those secret for now...lol.

Annabelle ~^..^~xo

Anonymous said...

Annabelle this picture inspired me to go over to flickr and take a look, your photography is as beautiful as your poems.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Annabelle... Such a beautiful poem, you certainly have a way with words. I’ve just read ‘My Affairs of the Heart’ written on your ‘Underneath a sugary watermelon moon’ blog, quite beautiful. Marion

Miss Robyn said...

I love your collages here Annabelle. and the poetry - love that too - poetry is attracting me alot these days

Jeanne said...

Beautiful words and a collage ever so lovely as are you my friend.
Love Jeanne
X0X0

Heather said...

beautiful photos and poem!!

Naturegirl said...

This is an absolutely ~beautiful~ post the collage so dreamy so enchanting and your poem I just Love it! hugs

Izabella Blue said...

your poems are so amazing! your writing takes me away to another world~ xo!! ~Bella

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Wonderful words and your photos are stunning!! Are you a professional photographer? I know you are a poet!

Gill said...

Wow, Annabelle. Another wondrous poem. You sure paint a picture with your words. Amazing!
I notice you are posting more regularly I will have to make a point of checking in here more often!
Sorry if I have missed commenting.
xo

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.