a

Monday, February 12, 2007

~The Secret Door ~

I was caught by surprise last night when I checked my blog and found out that I had won Best Blog of the Day. Someone out there found it commendable enough to acknowledge and I'm over whelmed. To everyone that nominated me…a mystery for sure… a Big Thank you.

...Continued from Saturday February 10th/2007



There at the end of the hall
The old farm door stands tall
On its facade of aqua blue
A painted picture of a girl I drew

It’s not a door to use
I only keep for my own muse
And thought it suited best to hold
My very precious art not sold

To look into a sight of celestial blues
A young girl dancing with no shoes
Always brought a smile to me
My spirit blissful and made free

I turn towards my bedroom door
To have a cup of tea seems such a chore
The bed looks comforting and warm
And so I choose its shelter from the storm

Beneath the covers and the sheets
So relieved to be all snug is like having luscious treats
My feet too numb with cold to move
One last thought on tea I cannot approve
In slumber sleep I fall
Echoes fill my head and call


With every nightfall a curtains drawn
I deem
Another one reopens to a dream
Props of old, velvet purples, blue red and green
Set a stage of a luxuriant Victorian scene



In the dim of light
I notice the theatre still this night
Each chair sits vacant but the one I hold
Of no audience I was never told

...Continued from Monday February 12th



And in the highest right hand corner of the stage
Peter Pan glides down a spider thread from way backstage
And welcomes me once again with a beaming grin
…..The play begins


The curtain rises high and vanishes into the make believe skies
A Beam of light breaks through… I hear seagull’s cries
Vivaldi’s Storm tempestuously plays in swirls
And at my feet the white spume of the ocean surf uncurls


In the distance I spot billowy sails of two ships at sea
I reach out to greet them when a gust of salt air
Unexpectedly fills up my sleeves
And the waves of the sea softly paint and unravel
Foamy ribbons of diamonds of pearls and of lace
On a pink candy floss beach

....To Be Continued

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations my lovely friend.
It is always wonderful to come to visit you.
Love and hugs and smiles.
Love Jeanne ^j^

Izabella Blue said...

I am so exstatic you won "blog of the day!" you should also win blog of the year, is there one?! :)

xo!!

Naturegirl said...

Congratulations to you!You know I ~love~ your poetry!
I shared the poem you wrote for me with the winners of my ~chain of HeArTs~ give-a-way..I enclosed it with the cards.My copy I keep in my ~special journal~ of quotes.hugs

Laurie said...

Oh Annabelle, congratulations!! Your blog is lovely and so is your poetry!

Gill said...

~~~Annabelle~~~
Congratulations on Blog of the Day!
Wonderful, and yet, not a surprise to me in the least.
A visual feast awaits me each time I come to visit. Taking me away with your words to worlds that exist beyond imagination.
You are one gifted poet.
xo

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Congratulations!! I am not surprised, but very very happy for you.

Sheila said...

Annabelle, I'm just getting around to visit and hearing the news..!
No one deserves it more.xx Congratulations.xx
Your poetry is other worldly, and I always find your words so touching.
Hugs
xx

savvycityfarmer said...

A long time favorite of mine, you are...although I think you snuck up on me before I found you....love

Laurie said...

Happy Valentine's Day Annabelle!!

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Congratulations Annabelle and Happy Valentine's Day. Love - Marion

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.