a

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Peter Cushing Memorial - Extended Version

THERE WAS A TIME I WAS SUBMERGED IN THE MACABRE
LOST IN THE HAUNTING, MYSTERIOUS, ROMANTIC, SURREAL WORLD OF HOLLYWOODS MOST PROFOUND ACTORS OF THE TIME; PETER CUSHING WAS ONE OF THEM……….
I LOVED AND STILL LOVE TO SIT BY THE HEARTH ON A COLD EVENING AND WATCH IN THE DARKNESS A STORY OF HORROR UNFOLD.ONLY THIS EVENING I AM ON YOUTUBE AND DISCOVERING MANY OF MY PAST MUSES. I THOUGHT I WOULD ENTERTAIN YOU WITH A VIDEO I DISCOVERED TONIGHT AND THROUGHLY ENJOYED ; SO MUCH SO THAT NOW I HAVE THIS TERRIBLE URGE TO GO OUT AND FIND ME SOME MOVIES BY THE LATE GREAT PETER CUSHING.
I HOPE YOU ALSO WILL TAKE PLEASURE IN VIEWING THIS MONTAGE TO THE MEMORY OF PETER CUSHING CREATED BY GOUVERNEUR REINHARD.
AND THANK YOU GOUVERNEUR REINHARD FOR RESURRECTING THOSE MEMORIES.

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh yes! I remember watching old Peter Cushing movies growing up, there was the one about the hound of the baskervilles and a vampire one he was in...those were the days *sigh*

Annabelle said...

Still you’re much too young to be so familiar with his work???? I'm fifty and I grew up in Niagara Falls watching all the British Classics and of course Peter Cushing. He's terribly missed by so many!
Nice to have made your acquaintance; looks like we have similar interests…..that’s good!
P. S. Isn’t the soundtrack great? Just stop the guitar guy at the moment of the page on your right and press YouTube a couple of times to get the video. I’m not sure why it’s giving me trouble to play it.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I've been a fan of his too,I grew up on the old horror movies. He was a favorite of mine at the drive in!

I love the way the photos you post capture the mood of the poetry with them.

It was good to meet you, thanks for coming by to visit!

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.