a

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Captive in My Heart


In this pale moment of time
I am blinded in the deafened tunnels
Of this Great War
And have not heard from you yet!

Deadening hands…bitter cold from rain and snow
Unworkable to write down my avowals of love for you…
I feel as if I’ve reached the world’s end
Do you not care for me any more???

War desensitizes many
Yet not I … maybe a little… subconsciously!
I know I sense the loss and bear the wounds
As I watch the damp cold earth devour the young
Like it’s in the race for liberty

But only God‘s arms are ever near
And so I have the fortitude against the fear!

Ah, yes! The dreams; if not for the dreams!
My succor of my mortal being
To transport me away from this darkening hell!
My one and only solace is …

I breathe the perfume of the windblown flowers
And feel the glowing warmth of the summer sun
And think of the day I’ll be back home
Of seeing you once more!

The other night I dreamt a dream
A dream of you
I held you strongly in my arms my dearest Lill
With happy thoughts together in Windmill Hill
My mind held you darling Lill… held you captive in my heart!


Till we meet again………
Heaps of kisses for my darling Lill xxxxxx
Love Tom
p.s. Do write…

Just an illusory poem to Lill from Tom
~Annabelle



www.flickr.com/photos/glosters/
Once again Thank you Norman {Shipcompass} for the history and memorable Literature.<

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful..!
Moving and romantic. You are gifted.
hugs
xx

Jeanne said...

Love you my sweet friend.
I hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

halo my sweet beautiful friend~

it's so lovely to see you writing again & I have been loving your your mosaics in my flickr group...you always come up with something amazing!

just wanted to let you know your're nominated for the "roar award" come check out my blog ~

xo ~Bella
p.s. I think I will keep your blog on while I work, I am loving this music!!

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.