a

Monday, July 13, 2009

*** A Summer Afternoon ***

A Summer afternoon is pure bliss and a perfect time to become creative. I adore owls and this little pewter owl gave me a wonderful amazing idea in how I would benefit in using these lovelies in another way other than as sun catchers in a window.My crystal prisms would play not one but two roles in their new altered life.





Some time ago I had seen this beautiful idea and although I had collected quite a lot of Depression Glass for the home I never came up with this ingenious way in using it. One of my hobbies is Stain Glass so I was more than qualified and prepared with the tools needed and steps in taking to making it work. After a while I gathered up the courage to take a chance with one of my gorgeous button and daisy platters that I had collected and finally drilled the holes into it....it worked like a charm!



Small Button and Daisy Avon Platter



Large Button and Daisy Depression Glass Platter




Karson wondered what I was up to and soon found out.....




Music rose on the breeze and danced with the flowers and trees and with Karson's white whiskers.

Crystal Chimes on the wind


The pure white crystals caught the sun's brilliant rays; twinkling and dancing with the leaves to their chandelier music in the summer wind.

Depression Button and Daisy Fan Plate

This Depression Glass Wind chime - Sun catcher is both magical in its twinkle and captivating in its amazing soft and delicate song!


Depression Glass Fan Wind Chime

Hope I have inspired you.....


A Summer Afternoon

Bathed in the
Honey and Almond
Of a Mary Rose

The Heavenly fragrance and sight
Of a country pasture
Covered in mustard
Humming sweetly of honeybees

Brilliant and warm
Lulled in the music
Of trilling birds
And chimes on the wind

A summer afternoon

Annabelle

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I love your windchime and all you post

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.