a

Monday, August 16, 2010

*Atticus * The Noisettes *I am Atticus Now





"Atticus " by the Noisettes, a song inspired by Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mocking Bird " is a song that is beautiful in words, music and vocals. A song almost as perfect as the book….my favourite!

Like the protagonist in the book, lawyer Atticus Finch, who was inimical to the thinking of his society and followed his heart no matter what circumstances followed, showed courage and fearlessness in his character and who through his judgement in the end, achieved happiness and freedom in his life ; freedom , having "the power or right to act, speak or think as one wants without hindrance or restraints"

"The one place where a man ought to get a square deal is in a courtroom, be he any color of the rainbow, but people have a way of carrying their resentments right into a jury box. As you grow older, you'll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but let me tell you something and don't you forget it - whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash."
(- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 23, spoken by the character Atticus)

"I have no fear…I am Atticus now".

The song speaks about misbehaving, loving and losing like on a roller-coaster ride and yet surviving and landing with both feet on the ground and still having faith in love ….being a compassionate one; much like the Atticus the character in the book "To Kill a Mocking Bird".



" I think Atticus would love it.If he was alive of course" ..... I love it as well! A gem......Enjoy!



*** Atticus ***

by The Noisettes


"to kill a mockingbird
is to silence the song
that seduces you
why?
'cause you need that desire in your heart to survive
and you need that burning fire in your soul to know
you're still alive
so catch me when I fall
or did I dive at your delight?"

in my heart I can fly
and I cannot disguise my love
there is no time
and I wouldn't know how
constellations tonight
are so fiercesomely bright, my love
I have no fear
I am Atticus now

remember what I lost like hot coals in my hand from days gone by
like Pandora adored the euphoria as her heart raced
like love lost you've got to try even in vain
feels like you'll go insane
but you're the hardest instrument that I've ever had to play

in my heart I can fly
and I cannot disguise my love
there is no time
and I wouldn't know how to
constellations tonight
are so fiercesomely bright, my love
I have no fear
I am Atticus now

so why don't we fall into the waves?
can't you see how my heart yearns to misbehave?

in my heart I can fly
and I cannot disguise my love
there is no time to
and I wouldn't know how
constellations tonight
are so fiercesomely bright, my love
I have no fear left
'cause I am Atticus now

so why don't we fall into the waves?
can't you see how my heart yearns to misbehave?

No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.