a

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sea of Roses ~ Art Waiting to be Completed

  






Top for a Shell Bottle


Ahhhhhhh.....so Romantic is the Rose! Their scent intoxicating and beauty captivating, no wonder throughout history they have endlessly been adored. My heart skipped a beat when I first created my very first fabric rose and since then I've been unstoppable!!!
I have a few ideas what to do with these lovely roses and two art pieces will be a bracelet and a garland; no doubt there will definitely be other ways to use these beauties made of Chantilly lace , old lace, and gorgeous cotton cream embossed fabric.


Elements for my .......


Victorian or Edwardian or Medieval or maybe Pre ~ Raphaelite Cuff Bracelet  ~ not sure what style yet.




And then there are the bird houses.This one is a very old pattern my stepdad had from his father dating back to the forties era I believe. I envisioned a enchanted cottage in the wood and thought of incorporating the secret door using an old vintage art deco jewellery box.So many things could be hidden behind the secret door, just imagine. I also thought a magical cottage wouldn't do without having magical powers , wisteria hanging from the eaves and Amethyst just seemed to fit perfectly. I had found these semi precious rocks at the thrift store and knew someday they make great adornments for my work. The exterior of the cottage is made up of crystallized fossils which I gathered on my nature walks in the wild wood.The other smaller bird houses are made of fabric, cartons and bark.




 Enchanted Cottage in the Wood Beyond the World










I forgot to take a pic of the open door........later




 And so as you can see just from this little glimpse of my work that's waiting patiently to be completed I have enough to keep me busy for a very long time.




 Until next time,
















No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.