a

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Lovely Penny ~ A Penny for your Thoughts


"One of the most valuable pennies is the rare 1936 dot cent.
It's believed there are three such pennies, all of which are in private collections. 
One sold at auction in January 2012 for over $400,000."


Penny Penny Penny


Sheldon knocks on Penny's door three times…..



Penny: Who do we love?

Sheldon: Penny. ( Knocks 3 times)

Penny: Who do we love?

Sheldon: Penny. ( Knocks 3 times)

Penny: Who do we love?

Sheldon: Penny!




Apparently not !!!!!










Today February 4th 2013 "marks the official end of the run for the humble Canadian Penny".

" As it is slowly removed from circulation, is it an occasion for celebration or sad reflection."




For me the demise of our beloved Canadian Penny is cause for sad reflection……

I think I will miss it terribly just like the gal Mindy from New Market Ontario Canada.

"I will miss the penny. It is a visually wonderfully coin. The penny is lovely - it can be bright and shiny or a rich dark colour. I hate what they have done with the new loonie - it is an awful colour; cheap and kitschy looking to me - like chocolate coins.

Aesthetics in everyday life is important to me. I wish our governments felt the same. Perhaps not a very important argument compared to the problems we face in the world but it is the little things that help me feel good each day."

Mindy
Newmarket, Ontario

*************

I too love and adore the Penny and it's the little things in life that to some may seem trivial while to me Mindy and others alike, find the Penny is a very aesthetic part of our every day life ~ a little coin which brings much happiness.

In the past I used to tuck in a Canadian Copper Penny with each order people placed in my Etsy shop. Many of my customers received a Penny for their thoughts and each in reply to me said it put a smile on their face in finding the little Copper Canadian Treasure hidden within their purchase , it gave them something to Wish for ******** a Penny Wish.

But soon I learned that our little Penny would be discontinued and I piggishly stopped dropping the weathered little bronzes inside my boxed orders and kept the pennies I had safe in my Humpty Dumpty vintage can, many of the old copper lovelies safely kept at the bottom of the can.

All my life I have always picked up the penny i spotted lying in the parking lot or on the curb and kept them separate from the rest of the change; always believing it brought me good luck and even helped me a bit with my Arthritic joints when safely tucked inside my pant or coat pockets. 
I think and still do believe they are Pennies from Heaven ; )




So remember to hold on tight to that Little Copper Penny you may be lucky enough to spot in the parking lot next time your out and about and just maybe you may hit the Penny Pot with a BIG Bang and find the elusive 1936  dot  ~. ~ Penny ….you never know if there is just one more out there waiting just for you !!!!!

 No doubt, for some THE LTTLE COPPER PENNY will be sourly missed AND BECOME A RARITY IN  ITSELF ; (



Pennies from Heaven


Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven

Don'tcha know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?

(You'll find your fortune fallin' all over town)

(Be sure that your umbrella)

Is upside down




Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers

If you want the things you love, you must have showers

(So when you hear it thunder) Don't run under a tree

There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me







If you want the things you love you must have showers

(So when you hear it thunder) Don't run under a tree

There'll be pennies from heaven for you and for me






No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.