a

Friday, October 4, 2024

SUNFLOWERS IN THE SNOW




No filter, just my phone, the garden, the scarecrow and, the sunflowers in the snow.







THE SCARECROW 



All winter through I bow my head
beneath the driving rain; the North Wind powders me with snow
and blows me black again;
at midnight 'neath a maze of stars
I flame with glittering rime,
and stand above the stubble, stiff
as mail at morning-prime.
But when that child called Spring, and all
his host of children come,
scattering their buds and dew upon
these acres of my home,
some rapture in my rags awakes;
I lift void eyes and scan
the sky for crows, those ravening foes,
of my strange master, Man.
I watch him striding lank behind
his clashing team, and know
soon will the wheat swish body high
where once lay a sterile snow;
soon I shall gaze across a sea
of sun-begotten grain,
which my unflinching watch hath sealed
for harvest once again.

-WALTER DE LA MARE

We planted more sunflowers this year and will keep them through the winter for birds, squirrels and the snow.They are lovely and always give me inspiration for a painting. I would like to paint another scarecrow with sunflowers in the snow only larger this time. This painting has been claimed by my daughter. It reminds her of her garden.






















No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.