a

Thursday, April 6, 2006

The Scent of a Rose; funny how life Is...

My mind was filled with the fragrance of old English roses. I immediately started to visualize my summer garden and longed for the scent to touch my nostrils. As quickly as that thought had come , it simply vanished and now I was remembering how I had missed yet another birthday of a best friends.
How funny it can be that what is so important I let slip by, either because I'm forgetful or just a plain procrastinator; that's soo sad on my part. I hate that about myself so much and still I seem to not care enough to change-why?
And yet, again I'm here writing in my blog diary sort of speak, into the night when all is quite and out of nowhere my husband spooks me and asks if I hear a strange sound that's going like "wooum,wooum,wooum". I pause and go to investigate only to suggest to him that maybe it could be the result of working in a papermill for so many years. That wasn't what he wanted to hear and settled into bed with the dog for security.
Where was I; oh yes, I truly hate how I don't follow through. Well, earlier this morning my husband picked up the mail and there was a box for me. I thought, I don't recall ordering any more books so what was it? I had celebrated my birthday just last month ,I didn't think it was a gift...but it was!
My friend Jan from out west had sent me a birthday gift. She had got me again! Every year she either sends a gift or phones or even writes an {e-mail or an old fashioned post} just to wish me a Happy Birthday. You would think that after so many times over that I would remember to return the gratitude. Not so!
I opened the gift with reservations. Immediately my senses were filled with the scent of old English roses.I couldn't believe that what I had thought way back in March ; of the roses and missing a friends birthday was all related.You see, the friend's birthday that I had missed was Jan's. Actually it was a few days after her birthday that I had realized my mistake. And here now I was surrounded by the exquisite rose scent that I had longed for; or was it Jan's friendship that I had missed? There was a connection and a very strange one at that! ~ANNABELLE~

Now, I can say in all sincerity that my friends have remembered me on the contrary to that I am forgotten like in the song game states -he,he,he.


A poem for true friends

Shakespeare's Sonnet LIV

O, how much more doth beauty beauteous seem
By that sweet ornament which truth doth give!
The rose looks fair, but fairer we it deem
For that sweet odour which doth in it live.
The canker-blooms have full as deep a dye
As the perfumed tincture of the roses,
Hang on such thorns and play as wantonly
When summer's breath their masked buds discloses:
But, for their virtue only is their show,
They live unwoo'd and unrespected fade,
Die to themselves. Sweet roses do not so;
Of their sweet deaths are sweetest odours made:
And so of you, beauteous and lovely youth,
When that shall fade, my verse distills your truth.

No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.