a

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Tiny Crown

~The Tiny Crown~

Oh, little hummingbird
Whose nest I found
Hidden deep
Within the bittersweet

I took inside
The little nest
And wondered who, could have built
This tiny, fragile crown

I did not know then
That it was you, who
Had chosen my garden to be
Your home so true


So small, so intricate
I knew the creature that created
Such a masterpiece, so delicately
Must have had its heart rest there


I sat and stared
Without a care
At the wonder
That was there


But it was not to be for long
For one day
I left this little tiny nest, all alone
In the cat and dog's
Treasured lair

When I returned
To the joy
That I had cherished
No longer, were you there

It did not matter
Who did the evil deed – dog or cat?
For you had now vanished
And I, no longer dearly held you near

And so, I ask dear little hummingbird
If you could pick this garden once again
When its time for you to leave
I will once more, have your lovely home to hold
To stare and wonder at, without a care


~Annabelle~

I found this tiny nest last week while pruning the Bittersweet. I'm not sure if it was in the bittersweet or the blue spruce that’s next to it, since I found the nest on the ground. A day after the discovery, I came home to a shredded nest not really sure who to hold responsible.... the dog or one of the two cats. Fortunately, my daughter Emma placed the nest on the spruce tree and took a picture before its demise.

No comments:

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.