a

Monday, October 9, 2006

The Room




I just read a striking story by Alison which made an impact on me how one can sometimes feel so alive and different from what they are normally accustomed to. In “Story of a Hotel Room” my senses were stirred to the unimaginable feelings I once shared with my husband. Reflections to times past of special moments of exhilarating feelings. Beautiful spring, summer, fall and winter nights filled with love and passion. Times that I hoped would never end. Then life continued on and changes occurred. The tasks at hand had to be dealt with first and if there was time left in the day we would have our intimate time in the quite of the night with the occasional eruption of hungry cries emitting from the baby’s room. Even then there was still space, a special room for us to be, in the fervor urgency of our deep love that embodied us……we could consume in ourselves; still in complete secrecy.
The hands of the clock ticked by and life within the walls of the contented home flourished and grew old. Demands weighed heavier now; time and space
had diminished. And so, as the story goes, we found solace to our lost freedom…in seeking special get -aways in the shelter of lovely Fireside Inn rooms. No they weren’t the fantasy rooms…we didn’t them.

In reading Alison’s blog, I left her this comment:

Come to think of it; the amber tint of hotel mirrors is the only time I love my reflection. Maybe it’s because it doesn’t show all my flaws.I’m totally liberated and free from the conventional life that I normally lead when I’m well hidden behind a “Please do not disturb sign”. Expectations and responsibilities vanish for a moment in time in a secluded room knowing quite well that probably the chances of being discovered are rare. In the secrecy and solitude of this room we can be lost in a world of our own dreams and make love endlessly. Oh Alison, you touched a nerve in me. I long so much to have that secret get away with my Paramour {in the make believe sense} really my husband and act like we are nineteen all over again.
Commuting is a destroyer of intimacy. I love my children dearly but I think one needs time to rejuvenate. I believe that this is what everyone needs on occasion, to ultimately be in their own. After all, we are not only wives, mothers and housekeepers but also the girl of our sweetheart’s dreams.

Annabelle……I want to feel free, alive…different

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

God's blessings to you my lovely friend.
Here's to sparks and romance and time together.
Love and hugs
Jeanne
X0X0

Anonymous said...

Annabelle
I just looked through your blog it is very nice!
You definately need time to get back to yourselves, kids are great but we must take the time to balance our minds and bodies so that we can be of better service to our children. We appreciate them more if we have some time away.

Ziz said...

Good luck and I hope you find exactly what you are looking for to rekindle the spark and feel as young as you want to feel :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Annabelle, thank you for visiting my blog.I don't think you need amber mirrors to hide your flaws,you must learn to see yourself through your loved ones eyes.But I have to agree ~ the 'stolen' secret moments we share with our partners are always the sweetest.

Annabelle said...

Will try and I know that I will always feel young in my heart and mind…as for my body I’m not so sure. I already have too many aliments going on…lol.



Annabelle

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I could see Juliette on that balcony!

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.