a

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Good Habit ~ Art Obsession ~ "Brown~Eyed Daisies and Chrysanthemums " Bas- Relief Painting

BAS ~ RELIEF PAINTING ~ WIP

Paint Party Friday Week 47 ~ Year 3



Art has it's way with me, almost always , if I let it.
Usually, even before dawn has waken, it quietly arrives accompanied by the high pitched vocal of a hunger cat by way of a strong aroma of percolating coffee entering my senses and triggering my creative habit…..my "Art Obsession Habit ". A habit I happily accept with a few minor negatives thrown in, like one  having too many unfinished projects. One of those unfinished projects is this Bas- Relief of potted daisies and chrysanthemums I've had for some time now. A found art piece which was never finished and had the worst colour ever.The original background was a chocolate brown and the flowers were painted gold. So I decided to give it a fresh coat of white gesso paint.



















 After a number of applications of a monochromatic colour and drying periods in-between, I mixed some paints and started to repaint it. I also used some interference gold and mother of pearl for the flowers. In the process of deciding on the shadowing of the florals ,my daughter mentioned that the work reminded her of Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting in the way I had painted only a few of the daisy centres brown. I had never realized it until she mentioned it but her remark did make me feel good about this work's progress.

For now, I call it “Brown ~ Eyed Daisies and Chrysanthemums”










Love some FEEDBACK on where to shadow : ) THANKS



Until Later
Annabelle


Linking this art post to the Paint Party Friday Artists' Group

8 comments:

GlorV1 said...

This is just beautiful and I love the name. I also love how you describe the strong aroma of percolating coffee. It's wonderful to be almost listening to the sound of coffee "percolating."

Annabelle said...

Hi Gloria, you might just have prompted me to come over for a visit at PPF.
I think I could use some advice on shadowing and highlighting this piece.
Always a treat to see your ("MeOfCourse").
I know now who it is.

Valerie-Jael said...

As I was reading your post my coffee was just percolating, so I had the feeling I could smell your post! Love what you have made, and the shadows and white paint - great work! Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

It's really beautiful - it reminds me so of the lovely stone carving you see on old European buildings.

Faye said...

To tell the truth, I loved it pure white. Really, I actually went "wow" when I saw it.

DVArtist said...

Aaahhh the aroma of coffee winding it way up my staircase to wake me in the morning. My husband make the coffee the night before and sets the timer. That starts my morning as well. I really like this piece. I like the white with just a touch of shadow. But this is your piece so I am interested in how you finish it.
Nicole/Beadwright

Christine said...

This is a beautiful transformation, it's now all about the wonderful texture!

denthe said...

That's quite some relief you have in this artwork! Very interesting ....

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.