a

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Girl with The Far Away Eyes




One of the beautiful physical charcteristics on my mother's side are the eyes besides gorgeous thick hair, two of the traits I seem to have missed out on.
Mind you, when I was young, if I spent a few hours in front of the mirror, I could claim close to those same characteristics....😊

Anyway, yesterday while visiting my mother and helping place a few pictures on the wall, she asked my daughter to place her picture on Facebook. Since no recent pics worked well , my husband suggested we use the one her friend had drawn of her as a young woman in the sixties; as you can tell by her bee- hive hair do.

Not only is she lovely but the drawing is equally beautiful and in my mind the way my daughter Emma photographed the picture makes it that more fascinating and quite intriguing by her incorporation of the reflected image of the living-room window doors.
So I thought it be nice to share with you this morning this art piece, actually two art pieces, a photograph and a drawing of my mother .

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Until later
Annabelle

p.s. needs some photoshop ...adjust colours

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

She is just s ob beautiful. Actually mesmerizing. Thank you for sharing have a great week.

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS

MIDNIGHT MARGARITAS
A place for keeping my art in larger formats

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***

*** Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ***
“Where there is no imagination there is no horror”. Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***

*** Sir Christopher Lee ***
“There are many vampires in the world today - you only have to think of the film business”

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~

* ~ Spirit of the Night ~
Soon it will be Hallows Eve...Time to create Art from the Dark Side ***Annabelle

~ Turn of the Screw ~

~ Turn of the Screw ~
A Flickr mosaic I made some time ago ~ Annabelle

WE WERE SOLDIERS

WE WERE SOLDIERS
~ Annabelle

Twilight at Sea


The Twilight Hours like birds flew by,
As lightly and as free;
Ten thousand stars were in the sky,
Ten Thousand on the sea;
For every wave with dimpled face,
That leaped upon the air,
Had caught a star in its embrace,
And held it trembling there.

Amelia Coppuck Welby

Total Pageviews

COPYRIGHT

All graphics, text and design:
copyright Anna Belanger - Annabelle


Note: If you personally hold copyright to any images or other content herein and wish it to be removed or credited, please email me and I'm more than happy to do so.